About Dr David Gillan, Clinical Psychologist
I have a doctorate level of qualification in clinical psychology and have worked in mental health related settings for 10 years. I have specialised in adult mental health by working in GP settings, private practice, and both private and public mental health units.
I believe that the best place to begin is to determine the nature of the current issues collaboratively. Without an in-depth understanding of the origin and maintainence of the issues people are seeking assistance with, it is very difficult to move forward constructively. From there I offer an individualised approach based on the most relevant evidence-based methods. My general therapeutic approach is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), however, I favour an integrated approach drawing from psychodynamic, systemic, mindfulness, and schema therapies.
I believe that no matter how complex one's situation may appear that often a simple approach of carefully selected strategies can lead to rapid and lasting benefits.
· Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology and Philosophy.
· Master of Science in the Psychology of Education.
· Doctor of Clinical Psychology.
· Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
· GP based clinics, Improving Access to Psychological Therapies NHS (IAPT).
· The Melbourne Clinic, private mental health unit in inpatient and outpatient roles.
· Clinical Psychologist at Psychology Melbourne private practice.
· Senior Clinical Psychologist at Eastern Health mental health inpatient unit.
· Practitioner Psychologist at the Health and Care Professions Council (click for registration HCPC).
· Chartered Clinical Psychologist at the British Psychological Society (click for registration BPS).
· Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (click for registration BABCP).